For the higher-end ETS-brand microphones:
- If the camera is non-POE, 12v: Use ETS SM2 + SM1-series Microphones, cut off AC transformer to piggy-back power.
- If the camera is non-PoE, 24v: Use ETS SM2 + SM1-series Microphones, plug AC transformer into wall.
- If the camera is PoE with a cable up to 25 ft: Use ETS SMEA-1 + ML1-series Microphones.
- If the camera is PoE with a cable over 25 ft: Use ETS SMEA-1 + SM1-series Microphones.
- If you are using a DVR the SM2 is placed near the DVR. You use the provided AC adapter.
- If the camera is IP, the SM2 does not have to be used.